Friday, February 29, 2008

Two Down, Now What?!

It's Saturday morning in Kitwe. Yesterday there was a thunderous thunder storm that only people who have been here can understand (that's you, Celia!). I mean, the thunder was thunderously thunderous.

We got through the New Testament Theology course. It was peppered with lively discussions. Although it was New Testament Theology (which is primarily descriptive), and not Systematic Theology (which is more prescriptive), we got into debates on doctrinal schools of thought -- what about dispensationalism?; what about calvinism vs. arminianism?, etc. etc. The joint was jumping!

And the Spirit of God was with us!

I received a tripartite award at chapel on Friday. An engraved plaque with a horned animal on it; a plaque in the shape of Zambia; and a scarf with the colours of Zambia. The plaques are nice; the scarf, awesome!

Now what will I do for the next week?

Well, I have to mark the exams from the NT students. That'll take a day. And I have some clean-up to do on both courses. John Kerr said we will look and see if there are some short-trip opportunities at Global Travel. If not, I plan to just hang-out at the college next week and perhaps see if I can help build some distance-learning modules.

That may not be as hard as it sounds. Before I left, Jack Whytock of Haddington House in Charlottetown told me of Covenant Seminary in St. Louis -- they have over 20 online courses available for free.

That's right, folks. You could take a course in NT Theology, for free, in the privacy of your own home. How good is that!

No comments: