Thursday, January 26, 2006

Where's my courier envelope?

I sent my passport, along with about 10 pages of application material, to the DR Congo Embassy in Ottawa. Mailed it Wednesday, January 18, 2006. It arrived Friday, Jan. 20, 2006. No sign of the return courier envelope, so I phoned today. It would be signed and sent today, Thursday Jan. 26th.

No record of it in the Canada Post website. Tracking no.: LT099851200CA.

Here's what I think happened. I sent them a Canada Post Xpresspost envelope. So, I guess no courier comes; you have to drop it in a mailbox (or off at a Post Office), and then and only then does it get "expressed".

I'm sending it on to Toronto. If it leaves tomorrow (Friday), it should be there Monday or Tuesday. My flight leaves Wednesday.

Cutting it close.

Watch closely, but don't panic, yet.

No comments: